For over four generations, the Catena family has grown vines in
the foothills of the Andes Mountains in Mendoza, Argentina. In
his pursuit to make wines that stand with the best in the world,
Nicolás Catena identified the best lots, and rows, in the Catena
family’s estate vineyards.
White Stones Chardonnay comes from a select 27 rows within
Block 1 of the Adrianna Vineyard. The name refers to the ground
beneath the vines which is covered with gravel - oval white
The Adrianna vineyard is located at almost 5,000’
elevation in the Gualtallary sub-district of the Tupungato region.
The rocky soil prevents deep root growth and allows for ideal
drainage conditions. These are very poor soils where the vines
are constantly in conditions of stress. The cool nights allow for
very slow ripening, optimal acid retention and low yields.
- Adrianna Vineyard: Gualtallary District, Tupungato Alto Region, Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina
- Parcel Name: White Stones
- Parcel Surface: 2.5 Hectares
- Soil composition: Alluvial river bed. Stony soil
- Altitude: 4.757 ft (1.450 m) elevation