The Catena Family is entering its second century of winemaking in Mendoza, Argentina. Named after Nicolás Catena Zapata’s youngest daughter, the Adrianna Vineyard is located at almost 5,000 feet elevation in Mendoza. The soils in this 1.4 hectare parcel are filled with scattered limestone and marine deposits that covered the region millions of years ago. The limestone layers are well-drained and particularly rich in rhizobacteria, the microorganisms that help vine roots withstand stress and absorb nutrients. Thus, the name "mundus bacillus terrae" or "elegant microbes of the earth".
- Fermentation: In 225 liter oak barrels and 500 liter French oak roll-fermenters.
- Max. Fermentation Temperature: 25-30° C, 16 day maceration
- Aging: 24 months in barrel, oak treatment is decided according to the vintage characteristics. French Oak
- Varietal: Malbec
- Alcohol: 13.50 %
- Total Acidity: 7.5 grams/liter
- pH: 3.5
- Key Word Descriptors: Tight, high acidity, lots of tannins; ageability.